Thursday, December 1, 2011

On Another Planet

Guest post by Jewel Cole

I love going to visit my parents but every time I come back from visiting them I feel like I have been on another planet for a week. They don’t have cable television or internet service so I always feel like I am missing what is going on in the world while I am there. On a whim the other day I did a search for internet service by zip code just to see if there was even service available in their area. Luckily there is! Now I’m thinking about signing them up and giving them my old laptop. I’m not sure how much they will use it but I would love for them to learn how to at least use e-mail. I think they would enjoy going online to read the news and get information about the things that interest them. And I know I would enjoy visiting them more if I felt like I could stay in touch with the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment