Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Teacher

Contribution by Stevie Kirby


Since I am a teacher in an elementary school in New York, you can imagine that I do not make a whole lot of money. Sometimes it gets a little tight to make ends meet. My friends and I are always trying to come up with new ways to save money. We always try to eat during the early bird time at restaurants. That means before 6:00 PM around here. For us that is rather early, but usually we can go after I get out of school, and then we usually end up at one or the other’s house to play board games or some kind of dance video game. This past week I had to stay late after school because we were having an open house for the parents of our students. The parents get to come in a talk with the teachers and get a good look around the classrooms. Since I teach first grade, the parents usually want to stay a bit longer and talk with the teachers. One parent was talking to me about how times are tight economically these days. She was saying that they signed up for their gas and electricity through New York Energy Rates. That way they got to compare rates and find the best deal that ended up saving them a lot of money. When I get home tonight I am going to check it out because I need all the good deals I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment